Stonewall Creek Vineyards are in Tiger, Georgia. There must be something in the soil in Rabun County, because last week I reviewed Tiger Mountain Vineyards, which isn’t far down the road. Stonewall Creek winery is nestled in a small valley, and is run by the Fackler family. They started growing grapes in 2011, and selling wine in 2012, so they are a fairly young winery. The tasting room is quite small, but there is a large patio area with amazing views.
Stonewall Creek has 4 of their own wines, along with 2 wines made from grapes at a nearby farm. Their wine selections change based on how their grapes grow. But these were the wines available currently. Wine tastings are $6 for 3 wines, or $10 for all 6 wines.
- Yukari (2016)– the Yukari is a dry rosé made from a blend of 4 grapes (Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, and Petit Verdot). Great crisp and light flavor, perfect for summer. $20 bottle
- Boriana (2016)– made from Petit Manseng grapes, this dry white wine has an un-oaked (aged in stainless steel barrels) full-bodied flavor. Hints of lemon and lime, and great with seafood. $30 bottle
- Cabernet Franc (2014)– aged in French oak barrels for a year, this red wine is dry and rich in flavor. Won Best Red Wine made by Georgia grapes (2014). $27 bottle
- Malbec (2015)– this dry red wine in full-bodied with a smooth finish. Perfect with steak or pasta. Similar to a French Malbec. $22 bottle
- Norton (2015)– a dark grape, full of tannin, and only found in the United States. Aged in oak barrels for a year, this is a deep red wine. $25 bottle
- Whitetail Petit (2016)– a semi-sweet white wine made from Petit Manseng grapes. Perfect “sipping” wine, but also great with cheese or dessert. $22 bottle
After our tasting, my husband and I each bought a glass of our favorite and went to the patio to drink and enjoy the view. My husband chose the Malbec (no surprise there!) and I chose the Whitetail Petit. Wine by the glass ranges between $7-$10. Our tasting room attendant brought us some complimentary popcorn to enjoy, which was nice.
Another great aspect of Stonewall Creek is their tasting rooms. Not only do they offer tastings at their vineyard in Tiger, but they also have a tasting room in Sautee Nacoochee and Dahlonega, Georgia.
Stonewall Creek Vineyards (Tiger, Ga)
APRIL & MAY
Saturday, 11:30 AM – 5 PM, & Sunday, 1-5 PM.
JUNE – NOVEMBER
Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday, 1-5 PM, & Saturday, 11:30 AM – 5 PM.
Sautee Tasting Room (at InsideOut Sautee)
2454 Highway 17 | Sautee, GA 30571 | 706.878.0144
Open Year Round
Friday – 11 AM – 6 PM
Saturday – 11 AM – 6 PM
Sunday – 12:30 – 5 PM
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday during winter.
Crane Creek Tasting Room
94 Public Square North | Dahlonega, GA, 30533 | 706.864.0832
Open Year Round
- Monday – 12-6 PM
- Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday – Closed
- Thursday – 12-6 PM
- Friday – 11 AM -8 PM
- Saturday – 11 AM -8 PM
- Sunday – 12:30-6 PM
Stonewall Creek is a wonderful place for an afternoon trip. They also offer events throughout the year, such as the Summer Solstice Party, Total Eclipse Pre-Party, and a Harvest Stomp. Stonewall Creek is quaint and beautiful, with wonderful wine and very kind, knowledgable employees. We look forward to going back in the future. Happy Sipping!